Saturday, May 14, 2011

My First Mother's Day





Oh my little darlins!  Y'all have no idea how excited I am to be a mommy and to be YOUR mommy.
I wish you could hear how you say "ma-ma", Macy.  It is the softest sounding word...and you move your mouth almost like you're trying to blow bubbles at the same time. 

Molly, on the day before Mother's Day, you crawled all over the house saying "mama" and I hadn't really heard you say it much before then.  I was thrilled that you and Macy were preparing for mommy's day.

On Mother's Day morning, your Daddy had gotten you to help him sit out gift bags and cards.  Mommy got up and saw the little group of gifts on the kitchen counter.  I must admit, I was excited.  So, we went in the den and opened up the gifts.  Your Daddy is a very good writer and card-picker-outer...so, I read his card and opened his gift...he gave me two boxes of pretty thank you cards.  It is kind of nice that he sees me writing thank you cards often enough to choose that for a gift for me....that means we have lots of kindness shown to us!

Then, you each had a little bag and a card for me.....Macy, you gave me earrings and Molly gave me a matching bracelet!  They were silver and dark reddish brown.  I will treasure them!

Then, we got ready to go to the zoo.  Just like everybody else in Columbia!  There were lots of people there, but we had a gooood time.  On the way home, we got some things for your birthday party...including a POOL!  FUN!!

Thank you for giving me every reason in the world to be happy.  I love you dearly.




No comments:

Post a Comment