Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentines Day 2012

Some SWEEEEET things have been happening around here.

I love watching the little things the you are doing and discovering.  For example, today, while I was fixing supper, you both were playing with the heart shaped magnets on the refrigerator.  (Your aunt Krissy had helped you make them for a Valentines gift!)  You both really enjoyed moving them around and feeling the magical pull of the magnet to the metal.  At one point, Macy, I saw you take one of the magnets to the cabinet door....and you put it up against the cabinet just like on the fridge.  But, it slipped right down and there was no magical pull.  I saw that 'register' in your brain, but only briefly because you went back to the fridge to keep on playing.

Another precious time was this weekend.  I had a cluster of grapes that I was feeding y'all in my hand.  I had turned away and when I turned back, Macy, you had clamped your mouth around a grape that was still attached  to the branch (?).  You hadn't pulled hard enough to separate it, so you were attached to the cluster that I was holding in my hand.  

Then, I looked over at you, Molly...and you had found the stem part of another cluster and you were trying to reattach a grape to it....like it would just slide back on.....

The innocence that these little moments show is beyond description to me.











No comments:

Post a Comment