Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sparkleberry Fair - Feeding the Animals!

$5 Carrots

At first I was feeling 'ripped off' for being charged $5 for carrots at the petting zoo....(I only had $5....and couldn't believe it when I handed it to the 10 year old running the table....that he didn't give me any change back....I asked, and he said, "they're five dollars"....dang!).

Turns out, it was the best $5 I've ever spent!

But at first, Macy had a meltdown....the kind where she "digs her heels in" and will not stop fussing because she wants to get her way....and I'm more stubborn than she is.....she wanted to hold the cup of carrots and I wouldn't let her....they cost FIVE DOLLARS, for heaven's sake....plus, I wanted to evenly distribute them between Macy and Molly....and for them not to spill....so....the struggle went on and on....meanwhile, Molly was having a great time....people passed by saying (about Macy), "Oh, poor thing...she's scared...."...and I said, "No...she's MAD.  She wants to hold the FIVE DOLLAR CARROTS."  (rant is over)

We had a wonderful time.....they got to feed so many different animals!!

We had such a short amount of time because I needed to leave for a wedding that I was photographing in the early afternoon.  I knew it was going to be a stretch to do all of that in one day, but, I'm glad we did it.

This was the first time I've taken them somewhere like that without them strapped down!  It is a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL feeling to be able to walk around with two little girls who stay near you and watch to see where you are.....up until now, it has been like trying to keep up with two ping pong balls....I'm thrilled!

Here's some photos of their carrot feeding experience!

No fear :)
Look at those long horns!


Face to face with a cool train!

Molly was fascinated

These girls LOVE doggies

Alpacas!

They were THRILLED to see a zebra so close up

Trying to get the giraffe's attention....
I eventually held them up and he/she came to get the carrots
from their hands...it was so exciting!


The next day....after a Friday night photography event.....
a Saturday wedding to photograph....
I am thankful that we had enough strength
left to make it to church.


I cannot tell you how much it means to me
that they run down the hallway now....
excited to get to their classroom.
We have come a long way!


No comments:

Post a Comment