Wednesday, January 12, 2011

7 Months of Wonderful

In just a few days, my girls will be 8 months old.  Now that is enough growing.  Enough.  Eight months?  That is crazy.  CRAZY.

Lots of wonderful changes have happened over the last month.  December was busy and exciting.  Mommy's Happy Clicker Photography business was in fullllll swing.  Many people wanted pictures taken for their Christmas Cards......and Mommy grew a thicker skin for being out in the cold.  I had tons of fun and learned a lot. 

Molly, what have you been doing over your last month?  Well, early in your 7th month, you would lift one of your hands up while you were drinking your bottle and twist it and turn it and just study it....it was one of the most precious things I've ever seen.  But now that you're "older", you've stopped doing that.  Another thing you did a lot was ROLLLLLL.  You have become a master "roller".....as soon as we lay you on the floor, you roll....and you've become a really good pivot-er.  You see something you want, and you go after it.  I love that about you!  Recently, you scared me and shocked me and made me laugh all at the same time.  I had put you in the swing for your nap, and after a little while, looked up to check on you and I saw you SITTING FORWARD....straight as a board....smiling like you were up to something....and GRABBING the bars!  What in the world??  To me, that looked freakish....I didn't know you could do that!  I had flashbacks of you being tiny in that swing and now, here you are....Evil Kenieval (sp).  You went Christmas shopping with me...I did all our Christmas shopping pretty much in one night at WalMart and you were my little Elf Helper.  Crazy me didn't take your carseat in and I needed you to sit in the basket of the buggy....thinking you may be ready....but you wobbled too much.  Not quite ready...so, as you got tired, I went to the homegoods department and got a bathroom rug...lined the basket with it, and layed you down.  You took a nap in your perfectly sized, cozy compartment and woke up all smiles.  Your smiles continue....your personality is so goofy, fun, and kind.  I'm so proud of you already.  You recently withstood an ear infection and bronchiolitis like a happy champ.  Jolly Molly....please don't grow up!

Macy, what have you been up to during your 7th month?  Well, you have perfected a dimple clad, lightning flash grin.  I say "flash" because your smile comes on FAST and is often fleeting....but MAN OH MAN, when you smile....as they say, it lights up the whole room.  Who ever you smile at feels like the best thing on the planet...because it is such a warm smile.  Macy, you decided over this last month that rolling is not for you.  You're totally capable...in fact, you rolled first....but, now, you're content to just relax.  But recently, your Daddy discovered that you can sit by yourself!  If we help you get to a sitting position, you can hold it for a little bit.  We have been amazed by this....you should see our faces when we are watching you.  It is like we're watching the splitting of an atom or something!  You have also started "talking" a great deal.  Da da da da da is what you say most of the time.  You use a lot of consonants and vowels.  Screeching is another part of your language these days.  I think you taught Molly how to do this...because many days y'all have a screech fest a pa looooza!  Mercy.   You've warmed up to bath time which is awesome...you smile now and we can tell you like feeling clean and lotiony.  You also have started to try to reach for me or Daddy when we come close to you in your activity center.  You can't get your arms up very high yet, but you are definitely trying to reach out to us.  That makes Mommy feel amazingly wanted and needed.  Your favorite baby food currently seems to be squash.  Recently, Grandaddy was here and he held you while I was feeding you the squash/cereal mixture and he laughed at how you were excitedly opening your mouth and leaning towards the spoon for more, more, more.  You are very interested in the little tags that are on your toys and blankets.  Your tiny little fingers are pretty precise and you tenderly play with the tags when you spot them.  You're at the perfect weight to snuggle and hold...it feels so amazing.  Macy, you're growing too fast, and Mommy's love is growing, too!

This picture was taken on New Years Eve.....Mommy dressed you up and you were playing on the floor waiting for Daddy to get home so that we could go out on the town.....I walked by at one point and saw this funny little event.  Molly stuck her thumb in your mouth, Macy, and you were just fine with that.
Both of you have started to pay more attention to each other and it is absolutely one of the rewards of raising twins.  A while back, I noticed Molly looking at Macy for the first time and really "seeing" her with a new awareness.  Now, at 7 months, it is a regular occurence for both of you.  When you're playing near each other, an indescribeable look comes across your faces.  One of you will look at the other first...then smile a knowing and adoring smile that seems to say, "Hey, you're my special buddy, I'm so very glad to see you."  The other always seems to smile back.  It is a BEAUTIFUL sight.

Swaddling!  It is the end of an era.  Last week, Mrs. Tanja told me that Macy rolled over in the crib while she was still swaddled and it scared the beegeeees out of me.  So, we stopped swaddling immediately...cold turkey.  It has gone pretty well....surprisingly.  You're both sleeping free as a bird now....the way Grandaddy always has wanted it.  :)

Our Bumbo Days on the kitchen counter have now ended. But, I love this picture so much. 
Mrs. Tanja took this picture in early January 2010.  When you first came home from the hospital, you both could lay in the crib "shortways" with tons of room to spare.  But now, it is time to separate you.  This Sunday, we're going to pick up a crib to borrow from Mommy's college roommate, Sharon. 
A rare breakfast with just Molly, Mommy and Daddy.....Macy slept a long time this morning!
MAC - AND - CHEESE TWINS!
(Read their shirts)
December 17, 2010
My sweet Macy, almost 8 months

Tired Macy

My curious Molly

Molly knows how to pose already!

These girls bring such amazing joy to our lives.
We're a happy bunch over here at the McCall Home.
We hope you are having a good start to your New Year.
Thank you for stopping by!
Leave a comment,
if you have time!

3 comments:

  1. Soooooooooooo sweet! They are just beautiful. I love and miss y'all so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have taken the sweetest pictures of the girls! The last one on this post is absolutely priceless! I love to see them interacting...best friends already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My GOODNESS! Angela, your words brought tears to my eyes. Seriously. I don't know if it's just the pregnancy hormones..but I'm bawlin' over here! What a special thing to do for your girls :-)

    ReplyDelete