Thursday, July 14, 2011

Some Sweet Summer Memories

Yesterday and last night added up to make one of the happiest, most fulfilled days of my life!  It was a simple day....and what made it extra meaningful was that I was truly living in the moment.  I sat on the floor with the girls periodically during the day and they would walk over and fall into me with those knowing smiles that I adore.

Just ONE little kiss, hug, look makes all the hard work and long wait for them more than worth it.

Watching the pure joy on Molly's face as she looks at a book, laughing at the pictures, is a memory I will treasure forever.  She doesn't realize that anyone's watching....she's not trying to be cute....she is just enjoying life....and absolutely adores books.

This week, Macy has started saying "Uh Oh" in the most precious way I've ever heard.  She will either drop something or throw it down and say "uh oh" barely moving her lips....her voice sounds so cute...and it is such a subtle sound...and I crave hearing it! 

Last night, at bedtime, Charles and I were in the nursery putting pjs on the girls and changing diapers....they 'rediscovered' the curtains in there and had more than 30 minutes of fun playing peek-a-boo and getting lost and found behind the curtains.  All four of us laughed and laughed to the point where my cheeks hurt in the best way. 

Today, Molly came and 'fed' me a snack for the first time and she was so proud....she comes at you with the biggest, most joyful smile that seems to be amixture of pride and happiness.  Then she just falls into you and mercy, it is wonderful.   She also has learned how to climb this week.  Her favorite spot to climb is on top of the book basket.  She is Queen of the Books!

Macy has been dancing recently....when I turn on the CD player, there's a bit of a delay, so she stops and watches it until it starts playing and then she smiles a dimple clad grin and squeals.  She is going to be like her Daddy because she's really into music and she can already feel the beat!  We absolutely love it when she does her little squatty dance. 

Another thing that I've been enjoying is their language....I don't mean a twin language....I mean Macy speaks Dutch/Yiddish and Molly speaks German/Chinese.  I don't want to see these days end where they walk around saying all kinds of things with great feeling and look at you like they have really just communicated with you.  It is so much fun!!

This summer has been absolutely wonderful because I have been able to sit here and just soak in the wonder of one year olds.  I am so thankful to have the time to just enjoy watching them play.  It is so much fun to see them smile at each other and interact.  They've grown so much, they're getting tall, and they fill my heart completely to bursting.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you are doing well.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, Angela. (I found I can access the blogs through my phone-yay!) your post makes me so happy! I love days like this- and I totally agree that they are worth the wait and heart ache that can come when struggling to conceive. I truly feel that although our little ones may not remember these days in their heads, their hearts remember. Their little love tanks get filled up with days and memories like this, just like ours do. Loved seeing you today!! -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you get to spend time with your girls too This is such a great time in their lives. It's one of my favorites for babies.

    ReplyDelete