Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Lights

One thing that I love about how this Christmas unfolded is that your Daddy and I were able to be more spontaneous than we could last year for several reasons...and I did almost 100% of our shopping online...from my bed...and it came the very next day...so, that freed up a lot of time...and stress....it was actually fun to do!

We went driving around looking at Christmas lights on the night before Christmas Eve....






Mommy got a fun coffee drink from a drive through (a real treat) and I had packed y'all 'snack bags' with fun treats in them....popcorn and marshmallows..... I thought a smart plan was to drive through some 'fancy' neighborhoods looking at their displays....well, after doing that through one neighborhood...I quickly learned that if you want to see fun yard displays and lots of color for kids, you don't go to the highest rung of the socioeconomic ladder :)   So, as cliche as it sounds, we literally went across some railroad tracks and found lots more color.  (Funny side note is that Mommy has only wanted white lights for many years...but a few years ago, I started leaning towards the colored lights because of how much they remind me of my Nana Brown.)

Macy, one of my Christmas gifts from you this year...was what you said when you saw colorful Christmas trees lit on the water's edge in one of the neighborhoods we drove through....as soon as you saw them, you said, "LOOK, Mommy, WATERCOLORS!!"


Since everything was done ahead of 'schedule'...your Dad and I decided to take a trip to Target on Christmas Eve....just for fun....Probably sounds crazy to some, but, I wanted to look at pretty ribbon and small decorations to use at the family Christmas Eve party and your Daddy was hoping to find a remote control helicopter....for himself!  We even ate lunch in the Target cafe and lots of people looked at us as they were hustling and bustling and smiled like...really, you're stopping to eat here?  :)  I secretly have had a love for Target hot dogs ever since I was pregnant with you girls!

We came home....you napped....and I cooked....using every last minute....we headed to Grandaddy's and then to the church to decorate.  We had so much fun at the Christmas Eve party.



No comments:

Post a Comment