Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Milestone of 3 Year Old Preschool

What a wonderful start to "school" you have had!  On Friday, September 6....you officially started Preschool.  Your teacher's name is Mrs. Meghan Ray and your other teacher's name is Mrs. Joy.  Mommy taught your teacher's brother when he was in 8th grade....and now his sister is teaching you!  They come from an AWESOME MOM AND DAD and so it gives me more comfort than I can say to know that you girls are being taught and cared for by such "great stock".

As most Moms, I suppose, many emotions mixed together on this day.  I am comforted by the loving nature of the Preschool staff....I'm excited by the potential of all you will learn this year.  I'm amazed that you are old enough to do this.  I'm sad to know that there's no going back....time marches on. '

I'm thrilled that before you "left home" to go to school, you knew how to spell your name...recognize your name....say your full name....and tell us your birthdate along with knowing lots of shapes and colors and numbers.  You've been working in "school books" and you've amazed me at what you already know how to do....

Last week was a dream week, because I was able to go to Wednesday's orientation and sit on your classroom floor and soak up all the details of the classroom and meet the other Mommies and watch you get familiar with it all.   Then, I also was able to take you to your first real day on Friday...along with your Daddy (who is not handling this milestone as well as your Mommy)....I got to take pictures and get teary eyed and watch you do the routine for the first time of putting your folder in the basket...hanging your bag.....finding your name....hanging it on the wall....washing your hands and sitting on the alphabet rug.

But now, it is back to reality and Mommy gets teary eyed that I won't get to take you or pick you up from these exciting Monday, Wednesday and Fridays....that has hit me hard.  But, I'm thankful that I am able to cherish last week's big events.

This year will be so exciting....new friends....learning routines....class parties.....snack weeks....line leader....colors of the week....songs....music class.....Mrs. Allison's chapel time....and so much more.

Since I can't stop you from growing up....I'm happy that we're able to give you this year of new stimulation and excitement!












Apples for the teacher  :)


Sweet reaction by Mrs. Meghan







I'm so proud that they can find their names!


Macy asked if she could eat the apple that she brought for Mrs. Meghan





Mighty awesome playground!!

I did not teach Molly to pose like that (above)
But I love what she did below!



No comments:

Post a Comment