Sunday, April 8, 2012

So Much to Say!

I get so frustrated with myself because I can't keep up with blogging about all the new words you're learning.  Just the other day, we were in a store and one of the employees said the word 'buckle' and Macy, you repeated it right back, clear as day!

I'm just going to brainstorm a list of some of my favorite recent new words here:
opi = open
cose = close
do = door
pay = play
bise = bath
cacker = cracker
sheer = share
wish = fish
ho = home
how = house
foooot = fruit
zzzthock = sock (sounds like you have peanut butter in your mouth)
lyte = said like my friends from G'ville = light
bye = said like the most southern person I know especially by Molly
waaa-dee-dee = water (Macy)
peeeg = pig
Kricky = Krissy
Ca Ca = Jessica

You like to play "Ring around the Rosy" and enjoy skipping to the part where we 'all fall dowwwwwwwn'!

I love the sound that you make when you want to know the word for something ... it is hard to know how to spell it, but it is something like, 'ahhh uhhhh' and you look back and forth between the object and me to see what the word for it is.  LOVE that!

Along the same lines, I love the way a smile grows and spreads across your sweet faces when you hear the word you're looking for...whether it be the word for a picture in a book....or when you're trying to tell us something or ask for something and we figure it out.....and the reward we get makes my heart SWELL.  I love seeing your satisfied smile, as if you're saying, "Oh yay, Momma understands me."

You sing "e-i-e-i-ooooooooooo" in the car along with the CD.....and in between songs, you both do some little sound effect which is so cute.

On a side note, you ABSOLUTELY AMAZE ME when we're riding down Percival Road and we start nearing Daddy's road, Melton Road, and you start saying, "Daddy" (grandadday)....and if we don't turn, several times you have started to CRY kind of hard.  WOW!  I love everything about that!

You're still making the sound "gun gunk" with you lips staying still when you want your pacifier and blanket....they bring you a lot of comfort.  I love seeing you snuggle in when you get them.

One of the things that I'm so proud of you girls for is that you sleep very well.  Your routine is very established and you like it!  When it is nap time, you almost always go happily to your room and reach up for your 'gun gunk'.  I walk out of your room and say, "Mommy loves you."  You lay there as if you're happy it is nap time. Now, there are exceptions, that's for sure!  Yesterday, MERCY, you two had a PARTY during the first hour of your nap.  You literally were running laps around in your crib and laughing and being so silly.  Eventually, you settled down.  And every now and then, you will beat us to time to go to bed by reaching toward your bedroom and saying, "Nigh Nigh".

I'm more in love with you today than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment