Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Wonderfully Normal Summer Day

We had such a good day together today.

Our normal, lazy summer days kind of go something like this.....you get up and walk into the den with your tired smiles and messy hair.....you start to say 'yogurt' and your Daddy usually feeds you that plus some 'fuut' (fruit).  I brush your hair and fix your pigtails.....we play on the floor....you watch a cartoon while I take my shower.....it is so relaxed and nice.

Today, though, Mommy was kind of 'down' feeling...and during your nap, I had too much time to think.  Sometimes that's good and sometimes it is just too much.

So, a storm came up and the thunder was loud enough to wake y'all up.....I stopped what I was doing (which is usually working on my little photography business) and went in to scoop y'all up.  I sat on the floor with y'all while you looked out your bedroom window at the heavy rain.  You were amazed by the sounds and the sights of the thunderstorm.  In fact, you know the word thunder and instead you cutely say, "thunderin".  You looked back and forth at me with sincere, and oh so cute, "Oh!s" and you were ready for the storm to be over.  So, both of you said, "Bye bye thunderin" and you waved at the window....it was clear you had decided that the storm was to end.  When you walked into the den, y'all looked back and forth at me and each other, because much to your surprise, there was a storm outside THESE windows, too!

Now, Mommy loves thunderstorms, but you two girls don't.....so, secretly, I relish in the fact that you come running to me when the big sounds happen....but outwardly, I try to show you that it is no big deal.

So, I decided that we would watch a movie, alllll cuddled up, while it was dark and stormy outside........this may sound like no biggie, but, it is something that I rarely do.  I loved it.  We layed on the couch....Molly on my left; Macy on my right, and named all the animals on the "Neighborhood Animals" video that y'all like.  It was a wonderful feeling to just put everything aside and enjoy snuggling with the two of you.  I love you to burstin!

We had our afternoon snack....changed diapers....got ready - BY THE WAY - YOU GIRLS NOW KNOW HOW TO PUT YOUR SHOES ON!!!!!!!!!!  THAT'S CRAZY TO ME!  I can say, "Put your shoes on...and you DO!"  Woah!!!   We went to meet Daddy after his work day ended because Mommy wanted to get out of the house!  :)  So, thankfully the storm passed and we were able to go eat and walk around the shops at Sandhills.  You absolutely LOVE being able to walk freely...and it absolutely terrifies me!  But, it is soooooooooo cute to see your little bodies walking confidently and happily....weaving in and out (no manners/no understanding of 'walk on the right') of the wide variety of people there.....and the cutest thing of all is to see one of your chubby little hands lift up and wave at someone who looks soooo different than you....and to see them wave back.  I'm particularly thinking of some 'tough' looking teenagers, walking around last night, trying to project their certain look...and them having a hard time resisting a cute little 2 foot tall 'waver' and dimple clad "Hi".

To top off the evening, we rode the "choo choo terrain"  (train) that you can pay way too much money to ride around for a few minutes.  For a while now, y'all have seemed interested in trains, so I was excited to see y'alls reactions.  I was amazed that all 4 of us could fit in one car together.  Y'all were excited, but also, very unsure of all the 'piped in' train sounds coming through the speakers.  But, you had a fun time....in fact, at one point, Macy said, "Fun", and nodded her head up and down to confirm it.  So precious.

On the ride home, Molly started saying, "Buh-time", which means 'bedtime'.......and so your normal day came to an end.

Picture of us on the train coming sooooon :).







No comments:

Post a Comment