Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our First Trip to the SC State Fair!

Charles talks about the fair ALL year.  Last year, sitting under the tent, watching the hypnotist (ha!) we had just found out we were expecting....didn't know we had twins yet....and I could NOT imagine bringing my new baby to the fair.   But, look at us now!
The girls did so great and the timing for feeding worked so well.  It is nice when that happens!  Not to mention, we had lots of help because..........Cara and Amy drove up from Mt. Pleasant and spent the afternoon with us at the fair!  It was so fun.  They're so easy to be around and fun, fun, fun! 


It is wonderful to see Macy and Molly getting to meet their long distance relatives.  I look forward to them meeting Amy's son, Wilson.  We tasted some great stuff.....Fiske fries, Raw Fries, Powdered Sugar Doughnuts, and more.  Yummmmmy! 

We walked through the art exhibits, the agricultural competition displays, the amazing sand sculpture....saw fern and flower competition entries.....watched the hypnotist for a while....and ended with a nice time watching some youth competing in some pretty interesting horse races. 

Charles took some great pictures while we were there. He's doing such a great job as a Daddy! I'm so thankful for him.





In other news..... :) there are some big developments going on with my baby girls!  They have mastered reaching out to get stuff.....I love to watch their little hands reach out to play with the dangly things on their bouncy seats!  It is precious that they have to concentrate to get them.  The next big development is going to be them learning how to put their pacifiers in their mouths.  They are SOOOOO close to being able to consistently do this.  Every now and then, I'll catch a moment where they're actually doing it and I am ecstatic!  Next to them holding their own bottles (which will also be sad for me), putting their pacifiers back in seems like a monumental change in our lives.  Dramatic?  :)  Maybe....


This weekend, Mommy had a big day!  Made possible by Grandaddy Brown and Aunt Krissy - the official Happy Clicker Babysitters of the weekend -  and of course, Charles who helped me set up my scenes.  I had my 'debut' photo session with my new business, The Happy Clicker.  It was TONS of fun and I'm really pleased with the way the pictures are turning out.  I had 6 appointments and each was fun and very different.  Check out the pictures on http://www.happyclickerphotography.com/   I absolutely loved it.  I cannot wait to see what the future holds for The Happy Clicker.  These girls make me the happiest clicker in the whole wide world.   Hands down. 

<><>
<>
<><>
<>
Happy Clicker Babysitting Team :)


No comments:

Post a Comment