Saturday, June 23, 2012

Good Golly Ms. Molly!

The other day, I noticed, for the first time, Molly was pretending!  Macy did something recently, too, that Charles said was like pretending...and this time it was me who caught a glimpse of that.....Molly was trying to feed a little plastic horse....as she was 'feeding him', she was saying, "Nummy nummy."  Love that moment!

Today, she stopped me in my tracks.  I was stunned.  Almost like I was watching her solve an algebraic equation in her little two year old body.  Here's what happened - Macy, alllll day long, had been challenging me, and thinking it was HILARIOUS.  So, when I sat down on the floor to change their diapers, she went running.    I used my stern voice and called her several times....she went behind the recliner, giggling.  Molly walked over to her....got behind her....and started pushing her towards me....very 'directionally' and several times said, "Mommy" as if to say, "Go to Mommy".  I was stunned.  Molly "guided" her all the way to me.  (Macy thought that was funny, too.)  I sat there in disbelief and elation and sadness.....elation that my Molly was smart enough to think to do that, and sadness that Molly was so tired of hearing me fuss at Macy, that she decided to take matters in to her own hands.

These girls are such a huge blessing in my life.  I love them beyond description.

We are having a very simple summer....and it is wonderful.  I'm just enjoying my lazy days....saving all my "gotta get done" projects for July.  The girls are loving the water table that their Aunt Ginger gave them last summer.  Mommy actually has energy to do things....and to give baths....and it is wonderful!  Last night,  the girls played while Charles grilled our supper.  I felt like we were on Leave it to Beaver.  It was so idyllic.

Molly - playing with magnets

....realizing that they stick together!

Macy - playing with magnets


I love this picture!
Coloring is kind of new for us....


I love the way she's holding the crayon!


They kept switching seats....back and forth....with no real discussion...
they would just stand and without much ado, they'd
switch seats, over and over, happily.

Looking at Mrs. Julie James!

A perfect summer night....playing while Daddy grills!

If you look closely, you can see that Molly has her fingers in the "shhhhhhh" position.
If I had taken this picture straight on, you'd be able to see that she holds her finger
a little off to the side and it is so cute.  Macy's started doing it, too.  :)






I love that Molly's peeking from behind!  So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment