Wednesday, June 20, 2012

This Summer - Mommy has energy!

I am enjoying my summer with the girls more than I can say!

It is such a great feeling to not have to hesitate to give the girls a bath when we've been outside playing hard.....or to not be upset when I look in the rear view mirror and see that Charles isn't following behind to help get the girls out of the car when we get home.

THIS summer....we are livin' it up!   I'm not going to worry about cleaning out closets...organizing....etc., until July.  June....is for us.  To live a life of leisure...which for us just means taking our time, getting dirty without worrying, and going to parks and visiting friends.

A few sweet things that are happening:

  • Molly does the cutest little "shhhhh" with one finger kind of cock-eyed in front of her pushed out fish lips.  I love it so much!
  • Macy is copying words like crazy....and not just copying, but remembering.  Even words like "alligator".  And the way she says "gorilla" is to die for!  
  • They have both been enjoying coloring in the bath tub..."kuh - la,  kuh - la"
  • They share pretty well 
  • They will ask for an extra cracker (or whatever) and say, "Macy"  or "Moddy", meaning that they want to take it to them.
  • Sadly, Macy has learned how to open the gate that has kept order  in our world for so long.  TODAY.  Oh my.  I'm so sad. 







Molly got a shoe on her right foot ALL BY HERSELF.
She was so proud.
See the smile in the next picture?

She didn't quite get the other one on, but, as I was
encouraging her, she was so happy...smiling in such a sweet, proud way.

Macy jumped in hoping to follow suit.
We still have some practicing to do.   ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment