Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Beginning of Language!

Some fun developments are happening with you girls!  Your Daddy and I are enjoying watching you show us little indications that you understand some of the words we're saying.  For so long, I have thought about what it must belike for you to hear us go 'on and on' and you don't know what the words mean.

Here are some of the things you're doing now to begin communicating:

  • When I say, "Do you wanna hear some music?"  You both look over at the CD player and smile, especially Macy....fun anticipation of the sounds that are about to come out.
  • Molly, when you see someone grab their purse, bag or keys, you do your floppy little wave and say, "Bye bye" in your deep, cute voice.  I love it!  In the mornings, when your Daddy grabs his bag with his lunch, you walk to the door, saying, "Bye bye".
  • You know the word "ball" and you say it when you pick up a ball of any size.
  • When I say, "Do you wanna go outside?"  You both get very excited and upset all at the same time because we can't get out the door fast enough to suit you!
  • When I say, "Nose", you both smile knowing smiles and reach out to point to my nose.
You've been rubbing Mommy's bald head and giggling....I love it!  When I'm laying on the couch, you come to the end of the couch and reach up to rub my head....and sometimes you come to the end of the couch when I'm not there, and reach your hand over the side while looking at me as if to say, "Come here and let me rub your head!"  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment