Saturday, September 24, 2011

Molly's Big Adventure

Yesterday, I needed to go to the Kershaw County Courthouse to get a copy of our marriage liscence.  I had to hurry to make it there after school....so I went by the house, got the girls, and drove to Camden....worrying that on Fridays they may close early.  (They didn't, thank heavens!)

About halfway there, I realized I didn't have the stroller in the car.  Ugh.  How was I going to get them both into the courthouse without it taking five times as long with them using their walking harnesses?  So, as I parked the car, I decided I would carry one, and let the other one walk using their harness.  Since Macy has a tendency to throw herself down when she wants to go in the opposite direction, I decided Molly should be the walker. 

Our little harnesses are disguised as Monkey Backpacks...
The first time I put them on them I was amazed at how grown up it made them look....
Like they were going to school!

The side door to the courthouse was locked, which meant we had to make it up all the stairs in the front.  The picture below doesn't do it justice for what it looked like to a momma with two little ones....and imagine what it looked like to Molly!



 I was so proud of Molly!  She took each step like a champ and went through the metal detector like a pro.  The lady in the Probate Office was soooo kind to the girls, and we were out of there pretty quickly.  I was proud of Macy, too, because she didn't make a sound the whole time!

As we left the building I took a deep breath because those stairs are cement and I only had one hand free to help Molly down.  She giggled even though several of the steps she kind of slid down instead of stepped down.  I was so glad to make it to the car. 

This may sound over-dramatized, but truly, when you're in the moment, trying to figure out how to keep two little ones safe and controlled it changes how you look at steps, parking lots, shopping carts, and tons of other things! 
=============================
Here's a few pictures of us walking in the neighborhood.....we have some practicing to do....trying to go in the same direction.


Our neighbor has a wonderful backyard filled with cool things to explore....
She offered some fish food to Molly for her to throw in, but
Molly tried to eat it.  :)

The girls love to walk under our neighbor, Beverly's, willow tree.


Home after our walk



No comments:

Post a Comment