Saturday, September 24, 2011

Love It!!

The girls turned 16 months old this week!  It just keeps getting better and better!

One of my favorite new things the girls have been doing is that when they want to walk somewhere that they're not quite sure they can do by themselves...they reach their hand up!  They want to hold our hand to help them out.  It melts my heart and I totally love it!  Sometimes at bedtime, they'll reach up to hold our hand while we walk into their bedroom.  So very sweet. 

Another thing I love is Macy's little dance she does...even when she's sitting down....she wiggles and kind of pivots on her hips.  She's been doing this for a long time, but it is still adorable to me.

Molly has a little sound she makes sometimes when she's surprised or really likes something and it sounds like, "wooo-OOO wooo". 

Every now and then the girls will come up to give us kisses and their mouths are WIDE open.  They don't quite get it.  :)

Molly's deep, southern voice she uses when she waves her very floppy "bye, bye" cracks me up every time!

In the last week or so, they've both started "backing in" to sit in our laps.  Macy, especially, will size up the angle she needs and from a distance start walking backwards ... aiming for our lap. 

I love that the 'heartbeat' sound on the sound machine makes Molly laugh.

I'm very excited that they've started to bring me books to look at with them.  For so long, they didn't want to do that!

When we accidentally leave the gates open, they are ON IT....and they get to the gate quickly!  Then they turn back, look at us, and take off running!  RUNNING.  It cracks me up.  They have keen eyes, too, because they can tell from a distance if the gate didn't shut all the way!

I love exchanging looks with Charles when we're watching them play.  We don't need to put words with the looks....we know that we're both thinking things like, "How'd we get so lucky?"  "I never thought I'd get to have this."  "Can you believe they're doing that?"  "This is so much fun...better than anything!"

Just last night, Charles said to the girls, "Listen to your momma" (which is funny because they don't speak English).  And then he said that he never thought he'd get to say that!  :)

We sure are blessed. 

Mrs. Tanja took thisof the girls .... she gives them GREAT hairdos!

Macy in the dress Aunt Ginger gave us!

The Birthday Boy holding the girls

Outfits from Mrs. Tanja!  She is soooo good to us!

This may seem like a wierd picture, but this is one of Molly's unique things....
she holds her hand up, but pointed down like that when she wants something....
it is unusual, but she is consistent and I think it is so funny!

It is finally cool enough for us to enjoy the swings again!

Molly's legs....the girls love to hide behind the curtains....they giggle and giggle and giggle!

Hiding in the corner....and they WANT you to come get them so they can SQUEAL!

Mrs. Tanja reading with the girls.
That is Molly's favorite book.

That's my cousin Michael who is so sweet to my girls.  LOVE him!

Macy and Emillie sharing some icing from Grandaddy's cake!
I love the look on Emillie's face.

Macy loves, LOVES to rub the edges of her blanket.

I never could get a good shot of Molly in her dress....
but she looked so cute in her brown, polka dotted dress.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment