Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First Lesson at School - "Friendship"

Today was an amazing day.

My teaching partner, Jakki, volunteered to bring her kids Tyler and MacKenzie to come to the school and help get my classroom ready.  This is the same person who arranged meals to be delivered to our family throughout the summer. 

Jakki, Tyler, MacKenzie, and the Long Term Sub of the Century (Julie), were at the school when I got there today and had already done a lot to get the ball rolling.  Thanks to their help, we were able to unpack ALL the boxes and get everything put away.  MacKenzie led the way with her babysitting services and Tyler along with many others pitched in to help with the babies.

I can't say enough about how much today meant to me.  And today is one of many times that I've been taken aback by people's selflessness and desire to show their friendship and love.

As I walked down the hallway to my classroom, I thought so much about how glad I am to work at Doby's Mill with so many great people.  They are my extended family and I wish everybody went to work at a place like I am blessed to.  Family.  Family.  I love it.

When the girls are old enough to understand, they will hear from me about how before, during and after their arrival, our friends went above and beyond to show us support.  Charles and I cannot get over the fact that we have been shown so much generosity and care during this amazing time in our lives.

Thank you to all of our friends and family - from every area of our lives - for continually teaching us lessons of friendship and love. 

We are better people and parents because of the amazing people who love us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment