Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On the Eve of 2 Months

Y'all, I am thrilled and :( all at the same time.  How wonderful that the girls have been here for 7 weeks!  But, the time is slipping through my fingers....and I can't believe next Monday they will be 2 months old.  

They are doing very well and we all are reminded daily of how much support we have from friends and family.  We've had so many loving visitors, cards, phone calls, delicious meals, and generous gifts that I truly wish I had kept a better record to show the girls one day.

I wish you could hear what is coming through the baby monitor right now.....it is hilarious and sweet and hard to listen to all at the same time.  Molly is a grunter and doesn't enjoy being swaddled...but she doesn't go to sleep well otherwise.  

I think we're on the eve of something else, too!  The girls are sleeping longer between feedings.  Up until yesterday, they were like clockwork....waking themselves up every 3 hours to eat.  But, we had a 5 hour stretch night before last....a couple of 4 hour stretches.....and once I get used to it, I'll take advantage of it.  But what's funny is that I find myself worried that they're going past the 3 hour mark and feeling restless until they're up and ready.  They've gained weight really well, so I know it is alright for them to sleep a little longer at this point. 

Well, I'm sure you're all enthralled with these details!  Ha ha.....so, I'll sign off for now.  Thanks for reading our blog.  It is a fun way for me to journal what's going on....and I love it when someone tells me that they actually read it!

Have a great day :)

2 comments:

  1. WOW, time does fly. You will enjoy every minute. I still remember the first time I saw each one of my blessings for the first time... and Duncan is almost 13. I can NOT believe THAT!!! I love reading your blog and I wish I could see all the exciting things you talk about. Just to let you know, it never stops... the things just change to bigger and better things. I miss you! Tell the girls, "hey".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to keep checking Emily to make sure she was breathing the first time she slept longer than a couple hours. I wanted to wake her up so many times. You'll definitely get used to sleeping a little more. And then, they'll hit a growth spurt and wake up every hour again...

    Just keepin' it real ;-)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete