Tuesday, September 28, 2010

70 mph Pacifier Replacement, Tiny Crib, Giant Tree

This weekend, Charles and I took Macy and Molly to his brother, Paul's house, for Keefer's 14th Birthday Party (which we were totally late for)!

Keefer, if you're reading this, HAPPY 14th - and thanks for being a sweet spirited young man!  (The girls were crying where they were sleeping in a back room at Keefer's house, and when I went to check on them, I found Keefer bent over them in the dark, trying to help them.  Sweet.)  My camera battery had died, so I don't have all the pictures I wish I did from this trip.....so here's an OLD picture of Keefer!  It was WAY back when he was 13.


We had a wonderful time.  Paul and Lexie are wonderful hosts!  It was quite an adventure just getting there because of feeding time and screaming times (I'm exaggerating).  (Let's just say, there was a lot of pacifier replacement going on at 70 mph down the interstate.)  Lexie did all she could to let us know that she appreciated the effort we put into getting there, and to a new mom, that means the world!  Paul was a very proud and sweet Uncle holding his nieces.


It was a great trip....we got to see lots of family.  Mom Mom and Aunt Patty were there.  I always love seeing them because they put me at ease.  Wish we coulda seen Forest and everybody else!  Turkey time's coming, though, and we hope to see those that we missed on this trip then.  Charles' Dad and Mrs. Mary were there with some of their family and they met the girls for the first time.  When we walked in, it was like a miniature paparazzi session.  The girls handled it like champs!  It was their sleeping time, but they smiled and stayed up past their bedtime.  It was a nice time!


This weekend, we also had a fun lunch at Daddy's house.  Lots going on!  One of the highlights for me was that Daddy had set up a crib to make nap times a little easier.  So, we tried it out and IT WORKED!  The girls actually took a nap.  Yay!
He got this crib, along with 2 highchairs to have at his house, from the Gold's Gym that he and Uncle Billy, Marlin, Brent and others just finished working hard demolishing on Two Notch Road.  Have you seen that site near Baskin Robbins and Jimmy's Mart?  It makes me so proud to know that my family did that hard, hard work! (That's Daddy, driving that big ol' machine.)
While the girls were snoozing, we went out back to see this amazing tree that Daddy's working on!  You know, in his spare time.



Check out this picture that Mrs. Vance snapped while she was keeping the girls the other day!  I'm so thankful that she is willing to take pictures!!!  Woo hoo!


Well, it is almost feeding time again!  Gotta go!  Thanks for stopping by! 

PS...If you're reading this, please pray for my friend, Angie's mom.  Angie is a big time family girl like myself and reads our blog faithfully.  Her family needs our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment