Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A New Adventure Begins

We have been blessed in so many ways.  Mrs. Tanjalee is one of our recent blessings.  She will be taking care of Macy and Molly when I go back to work on October 4.  When I put my feelers out to see if we could find someone to come to our house to watch the girls, she responded.  I loved what she said, "I've been praying that y'all would find the right person....and then I started thinking that I might like to do it."  How wonderful.  I remember reading her email and getting excited about the possibility. 

I had the privilege of teaching two of Mrs. Tanja's daughters when they were each in the 5th grade.  They are wonderful girls, Amber and Olivia, and I have very fond memories of them.  Big smiles, great manners, smart, and kind.  So, when Mrs. Tanja was kind enough to provide references, I told her that her best references were her two girls because of the great job she and her husband had done raising them.

We've had two afternoons together sitting and playing with Molly and Macy...talking about their routines....feeding them bottles....and laying them down for naps.  Those of you who know me well, know that I'm a nerd and an overplanner....and you'd smile pretty big if you could be a fly on the wall as I typed up the biggest sub plans of my life and put them in a Molly and Macy Notebook for Mrs. Tanja.  This very experienced, mother of four, gracefully lets me tell her teeny little details that I want to share about Macy and Molly's routine. 

Today, Mrs. Tanja came over and stayed with the girls for a few hours and when I left, I had no hesitation! She loves them, I can tell.  She cuddles them and kisses them and plays on the floor with them. Having no hesitation doesn't mean that my arms didn't get tingly as I drove away.  I teared up thinking about the transition we're about to make.  As much as I would absolutely love to stay home with my girls, it just isn't an option right now.  So, I am more than thankful that Mrs. Tanja responded to my appeal and has become such an important person in our family's life. 

PS - You KNOW you've found the right person when they take pictures of your babies while you're gone.  Sleeping soundly :).

2 comments:

  1. She sounds like an amazing person. I wish we had someone like her down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you have found the "perfect" person to keep your "perfect" girls. I taught Olivia in 2nd grade. She was great. I know her other children, too. I know it will be hard to leave, but I sure am looking forward to seeing your smiling face and hearing about the girls LIVE!!!!
    Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete