Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Four Incredible Months

It is amazing how things can change in four short months.  The girls have changed our lives in countless wonderful ways....and now, with the smiles and chuckles, it just deepens the joy and wonder that we're feeling.  I remember feeling like I truly didn't want the girls to grow out of the teeny tiny baby stage.  But, had I known how amazing it would be to experience your baby looking at you and smiling and laughing, I would have been begging for a Fast Forward button (not too fast, though).
Last night, we went to the pond for the first time with the girls.  It is such a packing adventure when you go somewhere like that!  Charles is great at the loading of stuff...never complains...and makes it happen.  I pack it up, sit it by the door and he takes it from there.  The big thing that needed loading was our double stroller, which I love, but it is so big that I feel like it needs to be insured like our other vehicles!  I pushed the girls around in the stroller while Charles fished.  He had done baby duty a lot for me the previous 48 hours and I told him, "Tonight, you can fish like a single man."....meaning, I'll take care of the babies.
It was great to be outside (except for the buggies) and for the girls to have a much different view than our four walls.  It was nap time when we got there, so, Molly went to sleep in the stroller, but Macy was ready to stay up for a while.  That was great with me because it is rare that I get some one on one play time with them.  So, I took Macy in my lap...layed her on my propped knees and we (I) sang songs.  She really liked that and then I started doing "This Little Piggy".  OH MERCY, she started chuckling and laughing and I couldn't get enough of it.  I wish I could post the video that Charles took with his phone.  It was a sustained wonderful 20 minutes or so of her being so very happy and laughing repeatedly.  I loved that we had that time together outside away from allt he things that I let distract me all the time.  Once the others got there (Daddy, Mary, Michael, Donna, Wyatt), Macy decided instead of laughing, she would let the critters in the woods know she was there.  The woods that are 10 miles away are included in her vocal range.  Of course, they all didn't get to see her laughing and being so very happy....except on Charles' phone.  Molly woke up by then and sat happily in Charles' lap, even though he was supposed to be a single man that night.
More big things happened this past week.  Yesterday, Macy rolled over for the first time!  Charles and I were both lucky enough to be there and watching when it happened!  The girls were doing "tummy time" to strengthen their arms and necks.  Macy has recently been lifting her head WAY up and yesterday, she found the strength to roll from her tummy to her back!  Woo hoo! 
 
Both Macy and Molly - just yesterday - started grabbing a certain toy and pulling it to their mouths!  Thanks to Amy Germano for these because they are perfect for the girls since they don't have good control of how hard they whack themselves with things.





Okay, something that isn't new, but is interesting to me, is that the girls both look at this very very boring spot on their swing and just smile and smile.  We got our swing at a consignment sale and the mobile didn't make it very long...so, we have a toy taped to one side of it for them to look at....but the other side is just plain.  THAT's the side they look at, and they have a great time.  It is very funny to me.  Sometimes, I'll catch Molly, especially, looking at it and then looking away really quickly like she's bashful...and doesn't want the swing to catch her looking at it.  Here 'tis:


A few more pictures from our week.  Thanks for reading our blog....especially if you read this far into the post!  I am enjoying knowing that there are folks who read this and also that there's a new (to me) process where you can print your blog into a book.  I look forward to giving the girls this record of their first year.  My posts are about to slow down, though, so you can all breathe a sigh of relief :).  When I go back to school in a week and a half, my time will be used much differently!  Molly's waking up....gotta go!  :)
I love their cute little feet.  In the car or the stroller, sometimes, it is all I can see of them and it makes me smile.


3 comments:

  1. Emily is the same way with her swing. There's a red button on the side she'll stare at for a real long time. It's cute. I love reading about the adventures you have with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I really enjoy seeing your new posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick stares straight up into the ceiling, or at a space right behind me when I'm holding him. He stares at it as if it's the most interesting spot in the world, and sometimes I wonder...maybe babies can see angels or something...I know, I'm weird. But it's still funny!

    ReplyDelete