Thursday, September 30, 2010

Heads Up! It's Tummy Time!



Oooooh!  The girls are making major progress with Tummy Time....and I'm so glad.  It has not been easy to watch them struggle so when they're placed on their bellies....but it is important for strengthening their arms and neck.  Recently, I posted that Macy rolled over.  She's done that twice now, but it has been a while....so maybe today, she will again.  Molly came SO close the other day!  I let her struggle for a while and she was ALLLMOST there, but I gave in and gave her the final nudge she needed.  Now, this picture is obviously not tummy time, but I love it!
Exhausted from doing tummy time!

It is so exciting to see the girls make progress towards the next stage.  Holding their heads up and looking around must be such a relief after struggling on their bellies!

The girls are also making progress with their hand-eye coordination which is an amazing thing to watch.  For weeks, they've been looking at their hands.  Now, they'll look at an object and you can just tell that they're thinking they'd like to figure out how to touch the object.  When they do get something in their hands, they bring it right to their mouths!  Amazing to me!
See that look on Molly's face?   I love watching them "think" and try things.

Macy's going for it!  Note-Objects in this picture appear chunkier than real life!


Yep, my girl can read.  :)  Thank you, Heather Costello, for this great book!

One of my ALLLLL TIME FAVORITE, FAVORITE, FAVORITE things is when the girls are looking at me while drinking their bottle and a huge smile comes over their face.  I love it more than words can describe.  This isn't the best snapshot of that, but, I wanted to record the memory.  It sends warm, fuzzy, heart bustin' open vibes all through me!

Tanja captured this GREAT SHOT while she was keeping the girls recently.  It will go down in history as one of the most fun pictures of them!  Thanks, Tanja!

Sometimes, things just don't work out.   

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE the new main picture! It's a wonderful thing to watch the babies figure out how to use their hands. Emily amazes me every day! Enjoy these days, they pass by too quickly.

    ReplyDelete